Burlington Carjacking Suspect Nabbed by Police
A violent suspect wanted in a Burlington carjacking - which later sent a Halton police officer to hospital - has been handcuffed and is facing a slew of charges.
The man was arrested by York Regional Police for a separate investigation, Halton police Det. Jared McLeod confirmed.
He was brought back to Halton for a bail hearing on Feb. 16.
Police were initially sent to a fail to remain crash on Jan. 18 at 2:45 p.m. near King Rd. and Plains Rd.
That’s where the man driving one of the vehicles is accused of fleeing the scene and running to a nearby gas station where he carjacked a vehicle from an elderly woman pumping gas.
The senior wasn’t injured.
The man left in a dark grey 2005 Acura ATL four-door sedan, which was then involved in a short pursuit with police, later colliding with a cruiser.
The vehicle was last spotted entering Hwy. 407 westbound at Hwy. 400 at 7:14 p.m. on Jan. 18.
The Acura has also been located by police in York Region.
The suspect wasn’t in it.
Terry Lurch Strome, 41, of Dundas, is charged with two counts of robbery; three counts of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle; two counts of possession of a controlled substance; flight from police; drive while disqualified, two counts of failure to stop at scene of an accident; failure to comply with probation order; three counts of possession of stolen property; criminal negligence.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Jared McLeod of the criminal investigation bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2385 or Crime Stoppers “See Something, Hear Something, Know Something - Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip 201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long
- PHOTOS: Police ID Burlington Suspect After Officer Injured in Alleged Carjacking
- Halton Police Continue Hunt for Burlington Carjacking Suspect
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Suspects Charged After Ramming Halton Police Cruiser
- Police Arrest Burlington Man Facing 21 Criminal Charges