Burlington Couple Charged With Drug Trafficking
A Burlington couple is facing charges in connection with a drug bust in the city.
The suspects were nabbed on May 15.
The street crime unit raided two homes — one in Burlington, another in Waterdown, say Halton police, seizing: 28 grams of cocaine; $7,670 in cash; indicia of drug trafficking.
Drugs seized have an estimated street value of $2,240, say investigators.
Isaiah Johnson Phillip, 21, is charged with: trafficking a controlled substance (cocaine); possession for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine); dangerous operation of a motor vehicle; 10 counts of fail to comply with recognizance; five counts of fail to comply with probation.
He was held for bail.
Hailey Sutej, 31, is charged with trafficking a controlled substance (cocaine), and possession for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine).
Sutej was released on a promise to appear.
Anyone who may have additional information related to this investigation is asked to contact Det.-Const. Greg Watt of the Burlington street crime unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 2356.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
Photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Peel Police Advising The Public Of On-Going "Emergency Scam"
- Suspect Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
- Here’s How Hot it’s Going to Feel in Halton This Weekend
- Here’s How This Oakville Resident is Changing the Instagram Game
- Police Searching for Milton-Based Contractor Following Verbal Assault Incident