Burlington files application for third cannabis store
The City of Burlington has filed an application for a third cannabis retail store with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
Hunny Pot Cannabis Store would be located at 1505 Guelph Line, Unit 3-4.
"After much public feedback and debate, the City of Burlington opted in to permitting retail cannabis stores earlier this year, and we consider them a legitimate part of our business community,” said Burlington Mayor Marianne Meed Ward. “While we learn from the launch of this new industry and watch it evolve, we have established our own local guidelines for where we would like to see the locations of these stores and their proximity to sensitive land uses, one of which is being 500 metres away from any school.”
Public comments and concerns from Burlington residents about the proposal can be submitted to AGCO.
On Jan. 14, 2019, Burlington City Council voted to allow the operation of retail cannabis stores in Burlington.
- Toronto police officer and Halton resident arrested for sexual assault
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30
- Police searching for woman last seen in Oakville area
- Arrests made after video of objects being thrown at cars off Burlington QEW
- Passengers and employees at Pearson airport must now wear masks ‘at all times’