Burlington files application for third cannabis store
The City of Burlington has filed an application for a third cannabis retail store with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
Hunny Pot Cannabis Store would be located at 1505 Guelph Line, Unit 3-4.
"After much public feedback and debate, the City of Burlington opted in to permitting retail cannabis stores earlier this year, and we consider them a legitimate part of our business community,” said Burlington Mayor Marianne Meed Ward. “While we learn from the launch of this new industry and watch it evolve, we have established our own local guidelines for where we would like to see the locations of these stores and their proximity to sensitive land uses, one of which is being 500 metres away from any school.”
Public comments and concerns from Burlington residents about the proposal can be submitted to AGCO.
On Jan. 14, 2019, Burlington City Council voted to allow the operation of retail cannabis stores in Burlington.
- Burlington could soon be home to four cannabis stores
- Here’s Where Burlington’s Cannabis Store Could be Located
- Another Retail Cannabis Store Could be Coming to Burlington
- Burlington City Council Votes to Opt in on Having Cannabis Stores
- Burlington Mayor Weighs in on New Potential Cannabis Store Locations in the City