Burlington Hospital Receives Major Funding From Province
Joseph Brant Hospital’s eco-friendly expansion project is getting a $145 million boost from the province.
“This facilitates the infrastructure investments necessary to better serve Burlington residents and surrounding areas,” said Burlington MPP Eleanor McMahon.
“I am proud of Joseph Brant Hospital for taking a leadership role when it comes to environmentally sustainable infrastructure.”
Ontario’s Green Bond program has invested $145 million to support the project, aiming to improve the quality of life for people across the province and provide faster access to health care, expand crucial services and procedures and, improve the overall experience of patients.
The province has issued the largest green bond in Canadian history.
In 2014, Ontario became the first province to develop and sell green bonds, encouraging investment in environmentally friendly projects and attracting new investors.
“Ontario is proud to be a leader in environmental sustainability, as the first province in Canada to develop and issue Green Bonds,” said Minister of Finance Charles Sousa.
“Promoting the largest Canadian green bond in the marketplace will raise $1 billion to fund and create more jobs, spur economic growth and combat climate change.”
The Green Bond program aims to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and fight climate change. Green Bonds raise awareness of climate and environmental challenges and allow investors to support green initiatives.
On January 25, 2018, Ontario successfully priced a $1-billion bond with a maturity date of February 5, 2025.
Ontario is the largest issuer of Canadian dollar green bonds with four outstanding green issues totalling $3.05 billion.
Image courtesy of Joseph Brant Hospital
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Top 5 Date Night Restaurants in Burlington
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Milton Receives Funding for Green Innovation
- Rebates on Green Vehicles Could be Coming Soon to Businesses in Halton
- Ontario Government Set to Eliminate Environmental Program
- Here's Something You Didn't Know About the Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington
- Redevelopment of Former Hospital Site Project in Oakville Gets Green Light