Burlington Man Charged Following Investment Fraud Investigation
Halton Police have charged a Burlington man following an investigation into alleged fraud offences.
The investigation was concluded on Jan. 24, 2019.
The victims reported to police that they were allegedly presented an investment opportunity with promises of large financial returns in a short period of time.
The victims received little or no returns at all and the matter was reported to the police.
As a result of an investigation, Matthew Paul Gouleos (40) of Burlington has been charged with two counts of alleged fraud over $5,000.
Police believe there may be further victims of this fraud and encourage any additional victims or witnesses who have had financial dealings with the accused to contact Detective Constable Kevin Harvey of the Regional Fraud Unit at (905) 465-8744.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Man arrested after break-in at Burlington restaurant
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely