Burlington Man Charged Following Investment Fraud Investigation
Halton Police have charged a Burlington man following an investigation into alleged fraud offences.
The investigation was concluded on Jan. 24, 2019.
The victims reported to police that they were allegedly presented an investment opportunity with promises of large financial returns in a short period of time.
The victims received little or no returns at all and the matter was reported to the police.
As a result of an investigation, Matthew Paul Gouleos (40) of Burlington has been charged with two counts of alleged fraud over $5,000.
Police believe there may be further victims of this fraud and encourage any additional victims or witnesses who have had financial dealings with the accused to contact Detective Constable Kevin Harvey of the Regional Fraud Unit at (905) 465-8744.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Top 5 Japanese Restaurants in Halton
- Arrest Made In Milton Fraud Investigation
- Police Arrest and Charge Two Personal Support Workers Following Alleged Financial Offences
- Personal Support Worker Charged with Fraud in Halton
- SCAM ALERT: Police Warn of Another Online Fraud
- Two Oakville Residents Charged Following Alleged Drug Trafficking Investigation