Burlington Man Charged With Attempted Murder
by Kelly Roche on February 22, 2018
A 20-year-old Burlington man is facing an attempted murder charge for allegedly trying to kill his mother.
Reports of a male armed with a knife - chasing and stabbing a female - sent Halton police to a house on Bunkerhill Place on Feb. 16 around 3 p.m.
That’s in the Walkers Line and Dundas St. area.
The man was immediately arrested without incident and the knife was seized.
The woman, 51, was found on the ground across the street from her home with multiple stab wounds across her body.
She had lost a significant amount of blood, say police.
Paramedics treated the woman before transporting her to Hamilton General Hospital for emergency surgery.
She remains in hospital and is expected to recover, say police.
Dorian Nicolaou has been remanded into custody and charged with attempted murder.
No further suspects are being sought, say investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Clayton Gillis at 905-825-4747 ext. 2307. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- GO Transit Anticipates Packed Trains this Evening Following Raptors Parade
- Police Chase Oakville Man Who Allegedly Shot Vehicles with Pellet Gun
- Driver Ticketed for Watching Raptors Parade While Driving in Oakville