Burlington Man Charged With Robbery
A Burlington man is being charged in connection with a convenience store robbery in the city.
It took place on June 17 shortly before 9 a.m.
That’s when a man entered the Hasty Market at 1400 Appleby Line, jumped the counter, opened the cigarette cabinet and stole four packages of cigarettes.
The store clerk confronted the man who then jumped back over the counter and was confronted by a customer who had overheard the commotion.
The customer demanded the man put the cigarettes back at which time the man pulled a knife before fleeing.
An arrest was made the next day at 7 p.m., with investigators recovering two packs of the stolen cigarettes.
Ryan William Challis, 33, is charged with one count of robbery.
Challis was released on bail and is schedule to appear in Milton court on July 18.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det.-Const. Jack Olewniczak of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2364.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Overnight Stabbing in Burlington Sends Victim to Hospital
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Halton
- Police Investigating After Altercation Leads to Stabbing in Oakville
- Victim Identified in Suspicious Death Investigation in Oakville
- Suspect in Custody Following Sudden Death in Oakville