Burlington Man Charged With Sexually Assaulting Vulnerable Female
A Burlington man has been charged with sexually assaulting a vulnerable female.
According to Hamilton Police, Robert Luyk (69) has been arrested and charged after police investigated a report of historical sexual assaults.
On Feb. 1 the accused was arrested for alleged sexual exploitation of a person with a disability, and four counts of alleged sexual assault regarding offences that occurred in the mid to late 2000s.
Police say that the female victim, who was an adult at the time, met the accused through their affiliation with a Christian Reform Church in Burlington.
The accused has held positions where he was in charge of youth groups and helped vulnerable people within the church from 1995 to 2010.
Police believe there could be more victims and encourage anyone who wishes to report any information to contact Detective Jennifer Currie at 905-546-8958.
To provide information anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club Near Oakville
- A Burlington Taxi Driver Has Been Charged Following Alleged Sexual Assault
- Medical Practitioner Charged with Sexual Assault in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Alleged Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- Oakville Man Claiming to be Doctor Charged with Sexual Assault
- Former Burlington Babysitter Charged With Sexual Assault