Burlington Man Dead After Motorcycle Crash
A 34-year-old Burlington man is dead following a two-vehicle crash involving a motorcycle and car in Watertown.
The incident took place on May 28 just after 11 p.m.
First responders were sent to a crash near Dundas St. E., just west of Avonsyde Blvd.
The motorcyclist, from Burlington, suffered critical injuries.
Paramedics transported him to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
His name hasn’t been released.
The 27-year-old woman driving the other car was also treated before she was transported to hospital with a minor injury.
The Hamilton Police collision reconstruction unit responded to the crash and has the file.
The initial investigation indicates that speed was a factor.
Charges haven’t yet been laid.
Police are asking anyone who may have witnessed the collision to call if they have not yet spoken to investigators at the scene.
Detectives can be reached at 905-546-4755 or 905-546-4753.
This is Hamilton’s fifth fatal collision in 2018, say police, and of those, three drivers have died.
Photo courtesy of Hamilton Police
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Halton Police catch vehicle illegally passing school bus
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Charges laid in Oakville labour trafficking investigation: Halton Police
- Three arrested after robbery suspects ram cruiser: Halton Police
- PHOTOS: Three people arrested after vehicle strikes police cruiser in Burlington parking lot