Burlington Man Dead in Suspected Street Racing Crash
Police are appealing for witnesses after a Burlington man died in a crash on the QEW early Saturday morning.
According to OPP, a 26-year-old Burlington man sustained life-threatening injuries in a single-vehicle crash after a suspected street racing incident on the QEW near Guelph Line at around 12:30 a.m.
The man later died in hospital.
Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said in a message on Twitter Saturday morning that the suspected street racing incident began in the area of Ford Drive near the Mississauga and Oakville border.
Schmidt says the vehicles continued westbound through Oakville into Burlington, and a black Toyota crashed into the median.
Police say a grey Audi may have been involved. According to police, any other vehicles fled the scene.
Police are currently asking for witnesses and any other drivers who might have been involved to contact OPP Burlington at (905) 681-12511, or Crime Stoppers at 1 (800) 222-TIPS.
Cover photo courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt on Twitter
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Halton Mayors Discuss Key Concerns Surrounding Proposed Truck-Rail Project in Milton