Burlington Man Dead in Suspected Street Racing Crash
Police are appealing for witnesses after a Burlington man died in a crash on the QEW early Saturday morning.
According to OPP, a 26-year-old Burlington man sustained life-threatening injuries in a single-vehicle crash after a suspected street racing incident on the QEW near Guelph Line at around 12:30 a.m.
The man later died in hospital.
Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said in a message on Twitter Saturday morning that the suspected street racing incident began in the area of Ford Drive near the Mississauga and Oakville border.
Schmidt says the vehicles continued westbound through Oakville into Burlington, and a black Toyota crashed into the median.
Police say a grey Audi may have been involved. According to police, any other vehicles fled the scene.
Police are currently asking for witnesses and any other drivers who might have been involved to contact OPP Burlington at (905) 681-12511, or Crime Stoppers at 1 (800) 222-TIPS.
Cover photo courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt on Twitter
- Police Search for Three Suspects Following Incident at Burlington Fortino’s
- Suspect Sought Following Bank Robbery in Milton
- Dollarama Announces the Launch of Its New Online Store
- Milton Man Charged After Police Shut Down Cannabis Dispensary
- Man Arrested for Theft After Multiple Businesses Targeted in Oakville