Burlington Man Facing Drug Charges
A 36-year-old Burlington man is facing seven drug charges after a home was raided by Halton police.
The street crime unit arrested the suspect following the search on May 30.
Investigators seized 310 grams of marijuana; brass knuckles — which are a prohibited weapon; $300 in cash; indicia of drug trafficking.
Drugs confiscated have an estimated street value of $3,100, say Halton police, and a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer was also seized as offence-related property.
Joseph Wells is charged with trafficking a controlled substance (marijuana); possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) for the purpose of trafficking; possession of a prohibited weapon; four counts of breach of a weapons prohibition.
Wells was held for bail.
Anyone who may have any additional information linked to this investigation is asked to contact Det. Dwayne Perron of the Burlington street crime unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 2342.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- A New Highway is Moving Forward in the GTA
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long
- Lanes Blocked On QEW Toronto Bound Due To Collision In Oakville
- Lanes Blocked On QEW Due To Collision In Oakville
- Suspect Arrested After Stealing Tip Jar From Tamp Coffee in Burlington