Burlington Man Identified as Victim of Fatal Boat Crash
Police have released the identity of a Burlington man who was killed in a serious boat crash in the North Kawartha Township area.
Police say members of the Peterborough County Detachment of the OPP and emergency crews were called to the scene of a collision between two boats on Stoney Lake on August 24, 2019. Police say three people were on board each vessel.
Police say witnesses located and transported five of the six occupants to shore.
Investigators were directed to the scene of the crash just off Northey’s Bay Road (Bedwell Drive) in Young’s Bay on Stoney Lake. Police say officers used marine units and a helicopter from the OPP aviation services, but were unable to locate a 31-year-old man from Mississauga.
Another male was pronounced dead at the scene.
On August 25, 2019, the OPP Underwater Search and Recovery Unit located the missing Mississauga male.
He was located deceased.
His name is not being released pending family notifications.
The other deceased male has been identified as 31-year-old Burlington man Kristian Brudek.
The other occupants involved in the collision were transported to a local hospital with a mix of non-life threatening and serious injuries.
The cause of the collision is under investigation.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Road closed after vehicle drives off roadway into water in Milton
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Oakville firefighter tests positive for COVID-19