Burlington man wins Maxmillions lotto draw
Rade Brajovic of Burlington is $500,000 richer after cashing in his winning Maxmillions prize from the Feb 25. Lotto Max draw.
Rade, a 69-year old retiree, discovered his when he checked his ticket on the OLG Lottery App. "I was managing my bank accounts, and my wife asked me if we were in good standing," he recalled, while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up his cheque. "That reminded me to check my ticket. I turned my phone to show my wife the amount of the win, and she started screaming!"
The married father of one plans to renovate the kitchen and bathrooms in his home before putting the rest of his windfall in the bank. "We'll also celebrate with a prime rib dinner at a nice restaurant," he added.
"I'm excited to see this amount of money in my bank account. From where I come from and the careful life we've lived with our finances, this win is way beyond my dreams," he concluded.
The winning ticket was purchased at Rexall on Brant Street in Burlington.
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Man charged with break and enter while family was sleeping: Halton Police
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic