Burlington men dead after collision near US border
Two Burlington were involved in a fatal crash Wednesday afternoon near the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge.
The victims have been identified as Alan Ashton, 73, and Gilbert Dunk, 74.
The collision reportedly occurred on the Canadian side of the border near the duty-free.
Ashton was driving the vehicle and Dunk was the passenger. The men were transported to the hospital but succumbed to their injuries.
Double fatality update: The passenger taken to hospital has died as a result of this collision. Both victims are now identified:— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) November 21, 2019
Driver: Alan Ashton, 73 years old
Passenger: Gilbert Dunk, 74 years old, both from Burlington Ontario.
Condolences to their family and friends pic.twitter.com/9I7pLZTItt
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Residents can sign up for Canada Emergency Response Benefit starting this week
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 131 in Halton
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Victim in Fatal Highway Crash Identified as Burlington Woman
- UPDATE: 92-Year-Old Dies as a Result of Injuries From Oakville Collision
- UPDATE: 84-Year-Old Driver Succumbs to Injuries Following Collision in Oakville
- Victim in Fatal Burlington Crash Identified by Police
- UPDATE: Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man