Burlington named one of top places to live, do business in Canada
The City of Burlington has been recognized in fDi's 2019/20 American Cities of the Future report.
Burlington placed 23rd on the list, based largely on its location and proximity near several top post-secondary institutions.
"Being recognized this way is absolutely great news for the City of Burlington and further reinforces our city's commitment to being open for business both locally and globally," said Burlington Mayor, Marianne Meed Ward. "All this goes hand-in-hand with the Red Tape Red Carpet Task Force I launched as Mayor earlier this year. The Task Force's mission is to better understand the challenges (the red tape) to locating and expanding a business in Burlington, and to find solutions that will better serve our local businesses (the red carpet) that are already operating here."
The fDi report also references Burlington's ability to attract a number of high-profile companies in a range of industries, including advanced manufacturing, food processing, metal fabrication, packaging, financial services, IT, life sciences, transportation, and logistics.
fDi Intelligence from The Financial Times offers services related to foreign direct investment.
- UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
- One person injured during interaction with police in Oakville
- Update: Oakville doctor arrested again for sexual assault
- Former Blue Jays shortstop Tony Fernandez dies
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Hamilton-Burlington