Burlington Transit working out deal for seamless ride with GO Transit
Published May 2, 2023 at 3:39 pm
The City of Burlington is working on an agreement that will allow local transit to continue to link with GO trains and buses.
The agreement between the City and Metrolinx (the operator of GO services) will formalize the arrangement that allows Burlington Transit vehicles to operate at the Appleby GO Station, Burlington GO Station, Aldershot GO Station and the Dundas/407 park and ride lot.
“This agreement will ensure that Burlington Transit continues to offer seamless connections to riders and will improve mobility at designated transit hubs,” a City report reads.
Specifically, the agreement allows Burlington Transit and staff to use Metrolinx property for:
- Bus passenger service as part of the local transit system
- Utilization of indoor amenities including break room facilities for transit operators
- Loading and unloading passengers at platforms
- Layover space
- Necessary use of driveways and entrances; and
- Burlington Transit signage on Metrolinx property
Burlington Transit has utilized Metrolinx terminals for many years to provide City residents with various services. There is no cost involved for Burlington as part of this agreement.
Final approval still has to come from City council and Metrolinx.