Burlington's Civic Square is Getting a Makeover
The small gathering place in front of Burlington City Hall is going to be upgraded.
What would you like to see at Civic Square on Brant St.?
That’s what city staff want to know.
Upgrades are being made to the space; the budget for this project is $600,000.
Many of the improvements planned for the space are required to improve things such accessibility, safety and and convenience.
Civic Square is often the first thing visitors to City Hall and to the downtown see. In addition it’s a space for city employees and those who regularly use the Square for leisure, entertainment, interaction, connecting with others and exercise.
This consultation is open for contributions.
A public open house is being held on Sept. 19 from 7 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. at City Hall (426 Brant St.) in the atrium on the main floor.
Residents can drop in to view renderings of some possible design features, ask questions and to share feedback, or complete an online survey.
A report back to the community is expected in spring 2019.
Construction is expected to begin in July 2019 and completed by fall.
What do you think Civic Square needs?
- Here’s What’s Happening With the Burlington Civic Square Makeover
- Here’s the Latest on the Burlington Civic Square Makeover
- NBA Finals to be Shown at Civic Square in Downtown Burlington
- PHOTOS: Here’s What Burlington’s Civic Square Looked Like During the Toronto Raptors Game
- PHOTOS: Burlassic Park Returned to Civic Square in Burlington for Game 5 of the NBA Finals