Burlington's Santa Claus Parade cancelled due to unsafe weather
Here’s some sad news for residents who were looking forward to the parade today.
The City of Burlington announced this morning that today’s Santa Claus Parade is cancelled due to the currently unsafe weather conditions.
“Unfortunately, the parade cannot be rescheduled due to the massive amount of scheduling to coordinate 90 floats and road closures,” the city wrote on Twitter.
“We encourage all residents to please avoid unnecessary travel today.”
We are disappointed to announce that the Santa Claus Parade is cancelled due to unsafe weather conditions and the declaration of a significant weather event. Public Safety is our first priority. pic.twitter.com/TwF0iEq4oU— City of Burlington (@cityburlington) December 1, 2019
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Ontario set to release data on how many could die of COVID-19