Bystanders Save Dad and Baby in Fiery QEW Burlington Crash
Bystanders are the reason a father and his baby escaped a fiery crash on the QEW in Burlington.
It happened on June 25 around 2 p.m.
Strangers rescued them from their car which burst into flames after being hit by a transport truck in the eastbound lanes, according to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
The car and truck collided before hitting a light pole along QEW near the Eastport Dr. and North Shore Blvd.
“It was certainly very fortunate for them,” said Schmidt.
“It could have been tragic very easily.”
The scene caused traffic chaos all afternoon.
“Fortunately, in this case everyone escaped serious injury,” said Schmidt.
Police are calling those witnesses heroes.
It was a rough day for drivers in Burlington who also had another closure to deal with.
- $70 Million Lotto Max Jackpot Ticket Sold in Ontario
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Milton and Halton Hills
- Road closures in effect in Oakville after cyclist struck
- What's Open and Closed Civic Holiday Monday in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
- Popular tea retailer reopening 18 of its stores throughout Canada