Bystanders Save Dad and Baby in Fiery QEW Burlington Crash
Bystanders are the reason a father and his baby escaped a fiery crash on the QEW in Burlington.
It happened on June 25 around 2 p.m.
Strangers rescued them from their car which burst into flames after being hit by a transport truck in the eastbound lanes, according to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
The car and truck collided before hitting a light pole along QEW near the Eastport Dr. and North Shore Blvd.
“It was certainly very fortunate for them,” said Schmidt.
“It could have been tragic very easily.”
The scene caused traffic chaos all afternoon.
“Fortunately, in this case everyone escaped serious injury,” said Schmidt.
Police are calling those witnesses heroes.
It was a rough day for drivers in Burlington who also had another closure to deal with.
- Halton District School Board Teacher Accused of Misconduct
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Halton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Here’s How This Oakville Resident is Changing the Instagram Game
- Peel Police Advising The Public Of On-Going "Emergency Scam"
- Here’s How Hot it’s Going to Feel in Halton This Weekend