Canada-wide Arrest Warrant Issued For Suspect In Deadly Shooting At After-Party
There is a Canada-wide warrant for an 18-year-old man who is a suspect in a fatal shooting at a prom after-party.
Jahdea Paterson is wanted for the first-degree murder following a house party in Stouffville.
Paterson is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone helping Paterson evade the police can also be charged criminally.
Last week, the York Regional Police Homicide Unit identified the victim as Rizwaan Abookbabar Wadee, 18, from Vaughan.
The after-party took place at 6336 Bloomington Road East, which is east of Ninth Line in the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville. The York Police responded to the party on May 3 around 4 a.m.
Someone called in to let the police know that there had been a shooting at the residence. When officers arrived the 18-year-old was found dead.
Many people were in attendance at the time of the shooting, who left prior to police arrival.
Investigators interviewed many attendees and are still looking for witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Homicide Unit at 1-866-876-5423 ext. 7865, or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
- Burlington bakery under fire (again) after Blackout Tuesday response
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Youth charged with attempted murder in attack on elderly Oakville resident
- Police Searching For Shooting Suspect Who is Considered Dangerous
- Canada-wide arrest warrant issued for 17 year old allegedly involved in fatal shooting
- Police identify victims of double homicide shooting in Oakville
- Nation-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Murder Suspect After Suspicious Death in Brampton
- UPDATED: Police Identify Oakville Shooting Victim