Canadian Stamps to Become More Expensive Starting in January
If you’re someone who regularly relies on sending or receiving mail, then here’s some important news you should be aware of.
According to a report from the federal government, Canadian stamps are going to rise in price on January 14, 2019, just about two short weeks from now.
The cost of a single stamp, currently $1.00, will soon rise to $1.05.
While it may seem like a minor increase, the price bump is expected to generate millions of dollars in extra revenue to help Canada Post keep its services running in a time of declining letter mail volumes and other financial issues.
“The rate increases will help ensure that the costs of running the postal service are paid by those who use it and not the Canadian taxpayer,” the report reads.
“In total, the new regulated rates will generate approximately $26 million of additional revenue for Canada Post.”
This will be the first time stamp prices have increased since March 2014.
The following chart compares current stamp rates to 2019 stamp rates:
For more information regarding current and future Canadian stamp rates, click here.
What are your thoughts on the price increase?
Data via Government of Canada
- Cineplex CEO Stands By Decision To Screen Pro-Life Film 'Unplanned'
- House of the Week: $1 Mil Milton Home with Gorgeous Salt Water Pool
- Metrolinx Working to Improve the Commute for Some Halton Residents
- Suspect Arrested After Packages Stolen from Front Doors of Burlington Residences
- This Pub is Now Open in Burlington