CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
First responders are attending the scene of a collision on the 401 in Milton.
Earlier this afternoon (June 2), first responders were called to a collision on the eastbound 401 just between James Snow Parkway and Trafalgar Road involving two transport trucks, one of which burst into flames as a result.
One of the trucks was hauling a substantial quantity of gravel, which has spilled onto the road as a result of the crash.
Currently, the highway is completely closed in all directions. Eastbound drivers are being diverted off the highway at James Snow, while westbound drivers will have to wait for lanes to reopen or exit at Trafalgar.
Additionally, due to the fire, there is a possibility that the 401 will remain closed until the road can be resurfaced, according to Ontario Provincial Police Sergeant Kerry Schmidt.
The crash occurred in an active construction zone. Fortunately, however, no workers were injured as a result.
Both drivers were taken to hospital—one suffered burns, while the other appeared to only suffer minor injuries.
Drivers are instructed to find alternate routes and expect lengthy delays.
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Watershed outlook and weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Halton
- Man arrested for hate-motivated assault in Oakville