Chances are slim for a white Christmas this year in Halton
If you’re dreaming of a white Christmas, your dreams sadly may not be coming true this year.
According to Environment Canada’s most recent weather forecast, we’re in for a week of some cloudy weather and some sunny weather but not very much snow.
The only snowfall we can see in the forecast is a 30% chance of flurries on Thursday evening, the day after Christmas.
The Weather Network corroborates this forecast, saying that the snow cover around Christmas time will be thin or non-existent for several parts of the country, including southern Ontario.
“At this point, white Christmas hopes have nearly vanished for most of the region (outside of the lake effect snow belt areas), including Windsor, Toronto, Hamilton, and Niagara,” the Weather Network reports.
Despite this not-so-merry news, we hope you all have a very fantastic Christmas this year, green as it may be.
Happy holidays, Halton!
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Man arrested after break-in at Burlington restaurant
- Province officially prohibiting gatherings of five or more people