Charges Laid After Car Allegedly Set on Fire in Halton Hills
A Halton Hills man has been charged with arson after a vehicle fire on Thursday.
According to Halton police, on Thursday August 2, 2018, just before midnight, fire services and police responded to a rural Halton Hills residence on Fourth Line.
Police say the female resident’s 2010 Ford Flex SUV was on fire in her driveway.
While the fire was extinguished, a recent police release reads that the car was “completely gutted by the flames.”
“Responding officers found a male walking away from the fire scene,” reads the release.
“Following an investigation into the circumstances, the male was arrested for arson.”
According to police, the male was the adult grandson of the owner of the SUV.
“Police are still investigating the motive behind the arson,” reads the release.
No injuries were reported.
“Although the fire was started in an isolated area of the driveway, there was a danger posed to the nearby dwelling after the gas tank exploded and flames came precariously close to the home,” reads the release.
Kenneth Hume, 32, of Halton Hills, was dharged with one count of arson and one count of failing to comply with a recognizance.
He was held for bail and appeared in court on Friday morning.
- Police Searching for Parents After Lost Baby Found in Milton
- Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington
- Road Closed for Serious Crash Involving Motorcycle in Milton
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Male Arrested for Attempting to Light Business on Fire in Milton
- ROAD CLOSURE: Fire Department on Scene of House Fire in Halton Hills
- Halton Hills Fire Services Responding to House Fire in Georgetown
- Police Nab Burlington Arson Suspect
- Man in Halton Police Custody in Relation to Georgetown House Fire