Charges Laid in 'Brazen' Booze Theft in Milton
A suspected liquor thief accused of hitting up the same LCBO store in Milton three times in one week has been charged, say Halton police.
The first incident took place on Jan. 25 at 1:18 p.m.
A male suspect attended the LCBO located at 1025 Bronte St. S. and hid a 1.4 litre bottle of vodka.
During the alleged theft, the suspect was confronted by staff and replied, "What are you going to do?"
He then left the store making no attempt to pay, say police.
The second case was on Jan. 29 at 8:29 p.m.
As the suspect walked past the checkout, he told employees to "have a nice day," police say.
The man came back on Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. for another 1.4 litre bottle of vodka, again leaving the store without making any attempt to pay.
The total estimated value of all the combined thefts is just under $200.
Video surveillance from the store was reviewed and the suspect was identified.
Jaroslaw Bubula, 29, of Milton, is facing three counts of theft under $5,000.
Bubula was in custody at Maplehurst Correctional Facility on an unrelated matter, say investigators, and was awaiting a bail hearing.
Image courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- 'Brazen' Booze Thief Sought in Milton
- Can You ID This Burlington LCBO Theft Suspect?
- Suspected Vodka Thief Arrested Two Days in a Row in Oakville
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Incident at St. Laurent Store in Halton Hills
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Gucci Store Incident in Halton Hills