Charges Laid in 'Brazen' Booze Theft in Milton
A suspected liquor thief accused of hitting up the same LCBO store in Milton three times in one week has been charged, say Halton police.
The first incident took place on Jan. 25 at 1:18 p.m.
A male suspect attended the LCBO located at 1025 Bronte St. S. and hid a 1.4 litre bottle of vodka.
During the alleged theft, the suspect was confronted by staff and replied, “What are you going to do?”
He then left the store making no attempt to pay, say police.
The second case was on Jan. 29 at 8:29 p.m.Investigators say the same suspect returned, this time taking a 1.4 litre bottle of gin, allegedly placing it inside his sweater before leaving.
As the suspect walked past the checkout, he told employees to “have a nice day,” police say.
The man came back on Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. for another 1.4 litre bottle of vodka, again leaving the store without making any attempt to pay.
The total estimated value of all the combined thefts is just under $200.
Video surveillance from the store was reviewed and the suspect was identified.
Jaroslaw Bubula, 29, of Milton, is facing three counts of theft under $5,000.
Bubula was in custody at Maplehurst Correctional Facility on an unrelated matter, say investigators, and was awaiting a bail hearing.
Image courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Don Cherry appears on Fox News to speak out against his firing
- Here's what you need to earn to 'live' in Halton
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'
- Ontario government passes bill to limit public wages
- 'Over 400 crashes in 24 hrs' reported by OPP during snowfall
- 'Brazen' Booze Thief Sought in Milton
- Police Searching for Suspect After Vodka Stolen From LCBO in Burlington
- Can You ID This Burlington LCBO Theft Suspect?
- Police Searching for Two Suspect Following Gucci Store Theft in Halton Hills
- Police Seeking Suspect Following Shoplifting Incident at LCBO in Burlington