Charges Laid in Oakville Shooting Death
A 17-year-old boy is facing charges in connection with a fatal shooting in Oakville.
The accused and victim knew each other, say Halton police.
The incident took place on July 13.
Emergency crews were sent to Rebecca St., east of Dorval Dr., at 11:15 p.m.
Keegan Parkinson, 19, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspect was charged on Aug. 23 with: criminal negligence causing death by use of firearm; obstructing justice; careless use of a firearm; possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition; unauthorized possession of a firearm; pointing a firearm.
The teen’s identity is protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
He’s scheduled to appear in Milton court on Sept. 20.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Homicide Tip Line at 905-825-4776. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
Photo: Halton Regional Police handout
- 33-Year-Old Female Driver Charged After Travelling From Milton to Oakville at Insane Speed
- Suspect Charged Following Burlington Shooting
- Victim of Burlington Shooting Identified As EMS Dispatcher
- Here’s What’s Coming to Netflix Canada in September 2019
- Heavy Police Presence in Burlington Due to Active Investigation