Check Out the New Park in Milton!
I love parks, you love parks, we all love parks (and Milton, Oakville, Burlington, and Halton Hills have so many to choose from!).
Well, here’s some exciting news: Milton’s Victoria Park is having its grand opening (with the Ice Cream Social) on Thursday, July 27.
We’ve got great photos to give you a sneak peek of what’s in store.
Victoria Park upgrades “were meant to improve the function of existing park features, protect and enhance the park’s heritage, identity and character, and provide upgrades to ensure the continued enjoyment of the park,” said Town of Milton spokesperson Sofia Stanidis.
The process involved public consultation.
Residents “provided valuable feedback at two public input sessions held in the spring of 2015, which the Town used to develop the preferred concept plan,” said Stanidis.
Photos, of course, won’t do the park justice. You’ll get the chance to see details up close (and/or horse around on the playground!) soon enough.
The Ice Cream Social and park unveiling is taking place beside Town Hall (150 Mary St.) on Thursday from 6:30 pm. until 8 :30 p.m.
Admission is free.
Photos courtesy of the Town of Milton
- Here's the Latest With Burlington's $52M Waterfront Park
- People Furious After Cars Towed Away in Oakville
- Oakville Ranked One of Canada's Most Expensive Areas to Buy a Home
- Guess Which Popular TV Show Spinoff Was Filmed in Halton Region?
- Oakville and Burlington Among the Worst Places to Take Your Driving Test in Ontario