City of Burlington to Recruit a New City Manager
The City of Burlington, according to a recent press release, will be recruiting a new City Manager.
According to the press release, as of yesterday, Dec. 4, James Ridge will no longer be the City Manager of Burlington.
The reasoning for Ridge’s departure was not announced.
According to the Economic Development of Burlington website, prior to being City Manager Ridge was the Principal and Chief Executive Officer of British Columbia’s Vantage College.
Ridge also has experience in the municipal sector. He served, according to the Economic Development of Burlington website, as the CAO for the District of North Vancouver, in addition to being the Deputy City Manager for the City of Vancouver.
Ridge has also held leadership positions in the City of Toronto.
Recruitment for a new City Manager will begin in the New Year. In the meantime, an Acting City Manager will be named by Council.
Photo is courtesy of the Economic Development of Burlington website.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Milton woman charged in Burlington poppy donation box theft
- Indian police arrest phone scammers targeting Canadians
- Oakville restaurant named a top 'date night' spot in Canada
- Major phone scam affecting Halton; residents warned not to call back
- OMB Sides With City of Burlington in Development Appeal
- LPAT Dismissed City of Burlington's Request to Review Development Application
- Here’s How the City of Burlington is Addressing Development
- Here’s How Residents of Burlington Can Get More Involved in the City
- These are the Most Well-Paid City Employees in Burlington