Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, close to 300 total cases confirmed in Halton
The province says that close to 500 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that 200 residents have died of the virus.
As of 4:00 pm on April 8, Ontario is reporting 5,759 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. That represents a climb of over 483 new cases in a 24-hour period.
The province says 200 people have died of the disease, while another 2,305 have made full recoveries.
The province says 632 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 264 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 214 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 88,698 people have been tested for the virus and 1,208 possible cases are under investigation.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there are 249 cases in the region as of 11:30 am on April 9.
Most COVID-19 cases have been found in Oakville.
Of the 249 cases reported by the Halton Region, 58 cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 99 in Oakville, 54 in Burlington and 38 in Halton Hills.
The region says 15 probable cases are currently under investigation.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 9), 786 people have been diagnosed in the region and 10 people have died of the virus. There are currently 327 cases in Brampton, 34 in Caledon and 421 in Mississauga.
Four cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Driver flees scene on foot after crash in Burlington
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- City of Burlington redesigns some services as province eases COVID-19 restrictions
- Conservation Halton implementing reservation system for public parks
- 483 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 330 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 160 total cases confirmed in Halton
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 300 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 150 cases confirmed in Halton
- 564 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 300 total cases confirmed in Halton