Close to 6,000 Milton homes and businesses without power
Two power outages in Milton are leaving thousands of homes and businesses in the dark Monday (July 6) afternoon.
Milton Hydro reports that close to 6,000 of their customers are currently affected by the outages that stretch from the 401 to the 407 and between Tremaine Road and Thompson Road South.
Milton Hydro says it appears that a 401 Construction Crew came into contact with a power line over the highway, which affects Milton and Halton Hills hydro and that crews are the scene to help in restoring power when it is safe to do so.
No time has been provided as to when customers can expect a return to service.
Outage update: Road contractor got into our power lines at Main & Bronte, we are making sure all is clear before restoration of power, thanks for your patience.— Milton Hydro (@MiltonHydro) July 6, 2020
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Half-million dollars stolen from City of Burlington in email scam
- Burlington transit users will be asked for name, phone number as services resume
- Police find 35 bottles of meth at Burlington residence