Closures Scheduled For Burlington Canal Lift Bridge
Drivers are being advised of closures on the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge starting Monday.
The bridge is scheduled to be closed overnight to vehicular and pedestrian traffic between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. from Monday evening to Saturday morning until Oct. 31.
Rush hour and marine traffic won't be affected, according to the federal government.
The schedule may change due to weather conditions or logistical requirements -- Public Services and Procurement Canada will publish notices regarding any changes.
The closures are required as part of the project to replace the bridge’s controls, drives and cables.
The replacement of key components of the bridge’s lift system will extend its serviceable life, meeting the needs of both marine and vehicular traffic in the area.
- Thousands of Halton Students Facing Suspension Over Incomplete Vaccination
- Tim Hortons Minimum Wage Rallies Planned Across Ontario and in Oakville
- Autopsies Underway for Oakville Couple Found Dead
- Halton Could Be Home to Amazon’s Second North American Headquarters
- Suspect Charged in Burlington Sex Assault