Closures Slated For Burlington Canal Lift Bridge
Drivers are being advised of closures on the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge starting Tuesday.
The bridge is scheduled to be closed overnight to vehicular and pedestrian traffic between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. from Monday evening to Friday morning until Sept. 1
Rush hour and marine traffic won’t be affected.
The schedule may change due to weather conditions or logistical requirements — Public Services and Procurement Canada will publish notices regarding any changes.
The closures are required as part of the project to replace the bridge’s controls, drives and cables. The replacement of key components of the bridge’s lift system will extend its serviceable life, meeting the needs of both marine and vehicular traffic in the area.
The PSPC says safety is a top priority during this project.
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- UPDATE: Fatality Following Person Struck by Train in Oakville
- Multi-Vehicle Collision Blocking Lanes On Highway 403 In Burlington
- GO Train Halts Service After Person Struck in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Police Investigating One-Vehicle Accident In Milton