Closures Slated For Burlington Canal Lift Bridge
Drivers are being advised of closures on the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge starting Tuesday.
The bridge is scheduled to be closed overnight to vehicular and pedestrian traffic between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. from Monday evening to Friday morning until Sept. 1
Rush hour and marine traffic won’t be affected.
The schedule may change due to weather conditions or logistical requirements — Public Services and Procurement Canada will publish notices regarding any changes.
The closures are required as part of the project to replace the bridge's controls, drives and cables. The replacement of key components of the bridge's lift system will extend its serviceable life, meeting the needs of both marine and vehicular traffic in the area.
The PSPC says safety is a top priority during this project.
- Three Vehicles Involved in Collision in Milton
- Man Arrested in Oakville for Carjacking, Kidnapping 96 Year Old Woman
- Oakville House of the Week: Chic and Rustic $2 Mil Bronte East Home
- Popular Cafe Opens Inside Oakville Grocery Store
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water