Closures Slated For Burlington Canal Lift Bridge
Drivers are being advised of closures on the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge starting Tuesday.
The bridge is scheduled to be closed overnight to vehicular and pedestrian traffic between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. from Monday evening to Friday morning until Sept. 1
Rush hour and marine traffic won’t be affected.
The schedule may change due to weather conditions or logistical requirements — Public Services and Procurement Canada will publish notices regarding any changes.
The closures are required as part of the project to replace the bridge's controls, drives and cables. The replacement of key components of the bridge's lift system will extend its serviceable life, meeting the needs of both marine and vehicular traffic in the area.
The PSPC says safety is a top priority during this project.
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Ontario to accelerate essential construction projects amid COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 sparks rise in online child predators, says UNICEF chief