Colombian Suspects Charged in Oakville Break-Ins
Two men from Colombia are facing charges in connection with a series of break-ins across Oakville.
Investigators say a number of forced entries at homes in north Oakville starting in April 2017 involved suspects initially knocking on doors to see if people were home. If no one replied, the suspects would break in through back doors and windows, stealing valuables.
Halton police teamed up with their York Region counterparts to make several arrests linked to the files, saying “significant arrests for similar related property crimes in Peel and York regions” have been made.
Efrain Andres Uran Garcias, 39, and Miquel Arnaldo Corte Sanchez, 33, are each charged with two counts of break and enter.
Neither men have fixed addresses in Canada.
Police are reminding homeowners to:
- Activate any alarm systems
- Ensure all doors and windows are locked
- Keep valuables out of sight.
- Connect with neighbours who are home during the day and encourage them to call police if they see anything suspicious.
Anyone who may have any information is asked to phone the Oakville criminal investigations bureau at 905-825 4747 ext. 2255 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Suspects Charged in Oakville, Burlington Break-In Spree
- Break-In Suspects Charged in Oakville
- Three Suspects Charged Following a Series of Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Two Suspects Arrested Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Suspects Nabbed in Oakville Break and Enter