Company Preparing for Massive $28 Million Expansion in Burlington
We’ve said this time and time again, but the city of Burlington is constantly growing. And now, one company with headquarters in the city is also growing and preparing for a massive expansion.
Endress+Hauser Canada - a global leader in high technology process control systems for a variety of industries - will be building a new $28 million, 47,000 square feet customer experience centre in the city.
This centre will be located just steps from the company’s existing headquarters in Burlington - 1075 Sutton Dr.
So, what exactly will this expansion consist of?
According to a recent press release, “The new facility, planned for occupancy in the fall of 2020, will be a full-fledged customer experience centre featuring the company’s second process training unit (PTU) in Canada, as well as other world-class customer features such as a calibration laboratory, an expanded workshop and a large training centre.”
The centre will be two storeys. And Endress+Hauser Canada is hoping to achieve the LEED - leadership in energy and environmental design - Gold certification standard, and to function on a net-zero carbon and net-zero energy basis.
“Our goal is to create an exceptional facility in all respects that will not only be sustainable on the day it opens, but will still be considered as such decades from now,” Anthony Varga, CEO and General Manager, Endress+Hauser Canada Ltd, said in a statement.
This expansion is something that not only the company is excited about, Burlington Economic Development’s Acting Executive Director Anita Cassidy is also looking forward to it.
“Burlington looks forward to welcoming their new headquarters and continuing to work with them on the city of Burlington pilot program,” Cassidy said in a statement.
The city will be working with Endress+Hauser Canada on the pilot program Cassidy mentioned. During the program, Endress+Hauser Canada will work to leverage their expertise in project management and lean management to see how Burlington can support top employers to located and grow in the city.
The official groundbreaking of the expansion will take place on Aug. 29 at 2 p.m., click here for more.
Photo is courtesy of the city of Burlington.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Milton woman charged in Burlington poppy donation box theft
- Indian police arrest phone scammers targeting Canadians
- Oakville restaurant named a top 'date night' spot in Canada
- Major phone scam affecting Halton; residents warned not to call back
- Construction Begins on Major Company Expansion in Burlington
- Massive Company Announces New Eco-Friendly Facility Coming to Burlington
- City of Burlington to Recruit a New City Manager
- Burlington’s Skate Lending Program Expands to Appleby Ice Centre
- IKEA Canada Launches Refugee Employment Program in Burlington