Construction for Massive Development Starting Soon in Burlington
The construction of a massive building in Burlington is starting very soon.
According to the city's website, Burlington has approved a 22-storey mixed-use building that will be located at 490-492 Brock Ave. and 1298 Ontario St.
The development, which was proposed by The Molinaro Group, will consist of, according to the project coordinator, Kristen Baugaard, 22-storeys (including a one-storey rooftop amenity area), 160 residential units, 186 square metres of ground-floor retail commercial space, and four levels of underground parking.
Vehicle access will be from Ontario Street.
So, when will construction for this development commence?
As noted on the city's website, construction started on July 11, 2019.
“Construction activity is scheduled to commence on Thursday, July 11, 2019 with the council approved road closure of Brock Avenue from Ontario Street heading south to the 472 Brock Avenue property line,” reads the city’s website.
Normal construction hours are Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For more information about this development, click here.
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this article included incorrect information regarding road closures during construction. The article has since been corrected, we regret the error.
Graphics are courtesy of the city of Burlington's website.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Road closed after vehicle drives off roadway into water in Milton
- Oakville firefighter tests positive for COVID-19
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- City Likely to Reject Proposed Condo Development in Burlington
- LPAT Dismissed City of Burlington's Request to Review Development Application
- Massive Construction Project Results in Oakville Road Closure
- Construction Has Started for This New Oakville School Building
- Upcoming Road Closure to Take Note of in Burlington