Construction Has Started for This New Oakville School Building
The construction of a new Oakville school building has officially started and staff and students are celebrating.
On Feb. 14, 2019, students, staff, trustees and members of the Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) gathered to celebrate the start of the construction of the new school building - St. Nicholas Catholic Elementary School.
This building will be located at 477 Warminster Dr. in the Town of Oakville and is scheduled to open in January of 2020.
The Honourable Lisa Thompson, Minister of Education, and Oakville MPP, Stephen Crawford, attended the celebration.
“Today’s ground breaking is great news for the community in Oakville,” Thompson said in a press release.
“This structure will be so much more than a school. It will be a community hub and a place of gathering where Catholic values are celebrated for years to come.”
The Ministry of Education provided final approval back in December of last year to move forward with the construction of the new St. Nicholas Catholic Elementary School building.
St. Nicholas Catholic Elementary School will be a two-storey facility that will accommodate 527 students.
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Halton Mayors Discuss Key Concerns Surrounding Proposed Truck-Rail Project in Milton
- A Big Change is Coming to the Halton Catholic District School Board
- Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
- Construction of New Halton Schools Causing Concerns Amongst School Board Trustees
- A New Elementary School is Coming to the Town of Oakville
- Brand New School Coming to Oakville