Controversy Swirls Around Oakville Cannabis Facility
Controversy has recently started to swirl around a cannabis facility that’s location was not revealed until now.
The location of this facility was outed in an Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) press release.
The press release revealed that the facility is located in Oakville.
In the release, the OPSEU President, Warren (Smokey) Thomas, called on the Doug Ford government to stop trying to use police in order to block workers at this facility from unionizing.“Calling in officers from Halton Regional Police to stop OPSEU from talking to these workers is not only a complete waste of police resources, it also violates their right to join a union,” Thomas said in the press release.
In a release about trying to unionize Ontario cannabis warehouse workers, OPSEU has outed the secret address of the Ontario Cannabis Store's weed warehouse and the name of its operator.— Allison Smith (@QueensParkToday) January 8, 2019
In the release, First Vice-President/Treasurer Eduardo (Eddy) Almeida noted that OPSEU has a legal right to organize workers who want to join the union.
What do you think of this reveal and these workers unionizing?
- Huge Lottery Ticket Win Sold in Burlington
- What are the key issues in the Ontario teachers’ disputes with the province?
- Significant snow in the forecast for Halton
- Burlington mayor issues statement after concerns raised around Millcroft Golf Course
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police