Cool New Music Festival Happening in Oakville
The perfect day of live music, scrumptious food and entertainment is taking place in downtown Oakville on Saturday.
“Come on down for a great pedestrian-only event,” said Downtown Oakville BIA executive director Susan Johnston.
TD Songs of Summer Music & Art is replacing the annual TD Downtown Oakville Jazz Festival.
Jazz is still a part of the musical lineup, but now there are many other genres to enjoy, such as rock, folk and children’s music— Toopy and Binoo will be performing for all the kiddies.
Performances will celebrate all-Canadian talent, said Johnston.
Rock band The Trews is headlining the festival, performing on the TD Towne Square Stage. They’ll be playing an acoustic selection of their ‘best loved’ songs from their 12-year career.
Overall, there will be six stages scattered all over downtown Oakville with more than 40 performances, including Vanessa Marie Carter, Liz Lokre, and Carl Dixon.
Other attractions include art displays, and cool performance art and craft areas for children.
The inaugural event will feature multiple genres of music, delicious food and drink, visual art displays, performance art and crafts.
The annual festival is seeing improvements made to accommodate everyone in the family.
Johnston said the festival is expected to attract a larger turnout because of the new additions in entertainment hitting broader age groups.
Look out for interactive art zones such as glass blowing demonstration by Courtney Downman Glass and many more.
The free one-day event runs on Aug. 19 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
A free bike corral is being set up at Trafalgar and Church (bikes must be picked up at 11:30 p.m.)
For those who are driving, a free shuttle bus is running between Oakville GO station and Downtown Oakville from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. GO Station pick-up is located in the bus area and Downtown Oakville drop off/pick up area is at the corner of Dunn St. and Church St.
Follow Oakville Transit on Twitter for updates throughout the night.
Map courtesy of Downtown Oakville BIA
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- This Major Road Closure Has Been Extended in Milton
- Emergency Services Investigating Strange Substance Released into a Burlington Creek
- Cool Music Festival Happening in Oakville
- Should Burlington's Sound of Music Festival Add An Extra Paid Event?
- Everything You Need to Know About The Sound of Music Festival in Burlington This Year
- Popular Street Festival Returns to Milton This Weekend
- Popular Music Festival Kicks Off in Burlington This Weekend