Could This New Townhouse Development be Coming to Oakville?
A new townhouse development may be coming to the Town of Oakville in the future.
The town has received a complete application from Diane Costa and Stella Styrc regarding a proposed zoning by-law amendment and a plan for a subdivision.
The proposed subdivision would consist of a townhouse development with four street-facing units.
The proposed location of this subdivision is 47 Nelson Street - located on the east side of Nelson Street and south of Marine Drive.
“The subject lands are located in the southern portion of the Bronte Village Growth Centre community which is comprised of residential, retail and commercial uses within a variety of low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise buildings,” states the Urban Design Brief. “The Bronte Village community is earmarked for growth in the form of mixed-use development along Bronte Road and Lakeshore Road West while allowing for modest intensification outside of the Bronte Village Main Street District.”
Currently, there is a single-family dwelling with a detached garage on the land in question.
If the application is approved, this would permit the demolition of the existing home and allow for the construction of the four three-storey townhouses.
No decision has been made yet.
However, a public meeting regarding the development is being held on March, 18 2019, at 7 p.m. This meeting is being held at the Halton Regional Centre, Council Chambers (1151 Bronte Rd., Oakville).
Residents are invited to attend the meeting to provide their input on the potential development.
The meeting will be hosted by the Planning and Development Council.
For more information about this development, click here.
All graphics are courtesy of the Town of Oakville.
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club Near Oakville
- 30-Unit Residential Development Proposed for Oakville
- Public Meeting in Oakville to Discuss Development at Glen Abbey
- Here’s How Residents Can Have Their Say on a Potential Oakville Development
- A Massive Development May be Coming to Oakville
- Residents Can Have Their Say on This Proposed Development in Burlington