COVID-19: Eight total deaths reported at retirement home in Georgetown
As of Saturday, April 18, Halton Region confirms eight deaths at a retirement home in Halton Hills.
On March 31, an outbreak of COVID-19 was declared at Mountainview Residence, located at 222 Mountainview Road North in Georgetown.
To date, the Region reports 63 confirmed cases in residents at the home, making up the vast majority of cases related to Halton institutional outbreaks (70 in total) and all total deaths related to Halton institutional outbreaks (eight in total).
The home is providing regular updates on the situation via its Facebook page.
Halton is continuing to keep track of all outbreaks declared at retirement homes/long-term care facilities in the region. With the exception of Mountainview Residence, all currently have zero to three confirmed cases in residents/patients.
At this time, only the Waterford Retirement Home in Oakville has had its outbreak declared to be over (declared on Sunday, April 12).
For more information on all outbreaks in Halton, click here.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Burlington transit users will be asked for name, phone number as services resume
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Police find 35 bottles of meth at Burlington residence
- Black Lives Matter mural to be painted in front of Burlington City Hall
- LATEST OUTBREAKS: List of long-term care homes with COVID-19 outbreaks in Halton - May 2, 2020
- 399 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 568 total cases confirmed in Halton
- 412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 562 total cases confirmed in Halton
- 511 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 530 total cases confirmed in Halton
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 541 total cases confirmed in Halton