Five-Vehicle Crash Closes Hwy. 401 in Milton
A five-vehicle crash - involving a transport truck - has closed lanes on Hwy. 401 in Milton on Tuesday morning.
“There is a diesel spill on the highway, making the road very slippery,” said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
Westbound lanes at Guelph Line are closed as of 9:20 a.m.
The crash - involving a transport truck carrying diesel, plus four other vehicles - took place just past Guelph Line.
“All the injuries are minor,” said Schmidt.
There’s no estimated reopening time yet.
“We’re working on getting cleanup crews to fix the situation and get the vehicles removed,” said Schmidt.
Drivers are being advised to avoid the area and expect significant delays.
“You’re going to want to avoid that area and possibly get off at Hwy. 25 in advance of that so you don’t get tied up in that mess,” said Schmidt.
Motorists who heard the news too late are being forced off the highway and detoured.
UPDATE: The westbound lanes will be closed for several hours, Schmidt said around 11:20 a.m.
- Oakville and Burlington Among the Worst Places to Take Your Driving Test in Ontario
- Massive Fireworks Display Coming to Ontario For the First Time Ever
- This Store at the Burlington Centre Needs an Update
- Female Arrested for Impaired Driving in Oakville
- Halton Hills Hydro Customers Targeted by Rebate Scam
- PHOTOS: 'Like a Bomb Has Gone Off' in Hwy. 401 Milton Crash
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash Near Milton
- PHOTOS: Truck Fire Halts Traffic on Hwy. 401 in Milton
- VIDEO: Milton Man Dead After Crash Closes Part of 403 in Mississauga
- Highway 401 Closed Following Second Collision in Milton