Crews Cleaning Mysterious Substance in Burlington Creek
Crews are working to clean up a mysterious substance in a Burlington creek.
A substance is being tested in Rambo Creek, near Martha and James streets, according to the city.
The creek runs down to Lake Ontario.
Residents are being asked to avoid the area.
UPDATE: The source of the contamination has been linked to dye from the Burlington Curling Club who leases the land from the City of Burlington. “We will support club administration in remedying the problem and ensuring environmental protection for all,” the city tweeted Friday evening. Further testing by the Ministry of the Environment will determine next steps.
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long
- Here’s What Oakville is Doing to Address Issues Along a Popular Creek
- City of Burlington to Recruit a New City Manager
- Woman Rescued After Driving into Creek in Milton
- Is a New Living Area for Seniors Coming to the City of Burlington?
- Here’s How Burlington Firefighters are Working to Keep Homes in the City Safe