Culture Days Return to Burlington
Residents are invited to get “OnBeat” and join the fun for a weekend of music, visual art, dance and other activities happening in Burlington.
The City of Burlington is participating in Culture Days on Sept. 28, 29, and 30, 2018, with free activities planned across the city. This year’s theme is “OnBeat” with rhythm-inspired activities.
After the success of Burlington Culture Days in 2017, local creative organizations, venues, professionals and businesses are again invited to host events during the ninth annual Culture Days weekend.
Culture Days is hosted by independent Burlington artists, the Arts and Culture Council of Burlington, the Art Gallery of Burlington, Burlington Public Library, the Burlington Performing Arts Centre, Museums of Burlington, and Tourism Burlington.
“The Culture Days weekend will entertain, inspire, challenge and move all those who participate in the free, interactive activities put on by the artists, creators, musicians, architects, curators and other creative people in Burlington. Everyone is welcome to participate and feel the rhythm or dance to the beat of a different drum,” said Angela Paparizo, Manager, Arts and Culture.
Event highlights include:
Kick off Culture Days with the Arts and Culture Council of Burlington
Experience live entertainment and exhibitions by local arts and cultural groups and explore the Art Gallery of Burlington.
Date: Friday, Sept. 28, 2018
Time: 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington
2018 Cultural Diversity Festival
Celebrate our community’s cultural diversity with performances, workshops and events.
Date: Saturday, Sept. 29 and Sunday, Sept. 30, 2018
Time: Various times. Check burlington.ca/culturedays for listings
Location: Burlington Performing Arts Centre
Culture Days is a non-profit organization dedicated to building a national network of cultural connections devoted to providing Canadians with opportunities to participate in, and appreciate, all forms of art and culture.
Visit burlington.ca/culturedays for a complete Burlington Culture Days program listing.
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- UPDATE: Fatality Following Person Struck by Train in Oakville
- UPDATE: 84-Year-Old Driver Succumbs to Injuries Following Collision in Oakville
- How to Protect Yourself From a Coyote in Halton
- Two Burlington Residents Celebrating Big Lotto Win
- Halton Hills and Burlington Both Made This Top 10 List
- Here’s What We Know About a Major Oakville Event That's Happening This Weekend
- These Burlington Projects Just Won Awards
- Province Pouring More Money into Arts and Entertainment Businesses
- Here are Some Accomplishments Burlington Has Made Over the Past 100 Days