DAILY UPDATE: COVID-19 case counts remain high at schools in Burlington, Oakville, Milton on Dec. 16
Three new new Halton schools are reporting COVID-19 cases at schools in Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills on Dec. 16.
There are currently 87 active cases of COVID-19 among staff and students at Halton public and Catholic school boards spread over 34 schools.
In addition, 43 classrooms are closed, all at the Catholic board. The public board is unique in the province when it comes to declaring closed classes and uses different criteria than all the other boards.
When a classroom is closed, students are sent home to quarantine for at least 10 days and learn remotely.
As older cases are resolved, schools are removed from the listing.
Here is a list of all Halton schools, both public and Catholic, currently reporting cases:
- Anne J. MacArthur: 1 case
- Centennial: 1 case
- Central (JK-Gr. 6): 7 cases
- Ethel Gardiner: 1 case
- Forest Trail: 2 cases
- George Kennedy: 3 cases
- Glenview: 1 case
- Hawthorne Village: 1 case
- Heritage Glen: 1 case
- Holy Cross: 7 cases, 3 classes closed
- Limehouse: 1 case
- Pineland: 1 case
- Post’s Corners: 2 cases
- Queen of Heaven: 3 cases, 3 classes closed
- Rolling Meadows: 1 case
- St. Benedict: 8 cases, 6 classes closed
- St. Bernadette: 1 case, 1 class closed
- St. Brigid: 6 cases, 4 classes closed
- St. Catherine of Alexandria: 6 cases, 4 classes closed
- St. Francis of Assisi: 2 cases, 1 class closed
- St. Gregory the Great: 3 cases, 5 classes closed
- St. Joan of Arc: 1 case 1 class closed
- St. John Paul II: 9 cases, 3 classes closed
- St. Joseph (Acton): 3 cases
- St. Mark: 2 cases, 2 classes closed
- St. Mary: 1 case, 1 class closed
- St. Peter: 1 case
- St. Scholastica: 1 case, 1 class closed
- Bishop Reding: 2 cases
- Christ the King: 3 cases, 6 classes closed
- Georgetown District: 1 case
- Notre Dame: 1 case
- St. Francis Xavier: 1 case, 2 classes closed
- St. Ignatius of Loyola: 2 cases