Do Not Drink Water Advisory Lifted in Milton
Bottoms up, Milton — you can now drink as much water as you’d like.
A ‘do not drink advisory’ has been lifted for the Town of Milton by Halton Region’s associate medical officer of health.
Roughly 150 homes and businesses were affected.
The advisory was issued on Dec. 8 as a precaution following a recent “significant” watermain break.
Boiling the tap water wouldn’t make it safe to drink, public health officials said, until test results can determine if contamination has occurred.
But now, watermain repair work is complete and Halton Region testing on the water supply, in accordance with the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change, is also finished.
Test results confirm that the water supply meets the Provincial Water Quality Standards, according to public health officials on Dec. 12.
Residents are reminded to take the following steps before resuming normal water use:
- Run cold faucets and drinking fountains for a minimum of one minute before using the water.
- Run all water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Drain and refill hot water heaters set below 45 C (113 F) (Normal setting is 60 F).
- Drain and flush all ice making machines.
Keep in mind, residents should consult with the manufacturer or owner’s manual for detailed instructions and/or specific guidance for flushing and disinfecting your ice machine and re-starting your water treatment devices.
Halton Region is thanking residents and businesses for their patience.
The impacted areas of Milton under the Do Not Drink Advisory included:
- Steeles Ave. W. from Bronte St. N. west to 3230 Steeles Ave. W.
- Peru Rd. from Steeles Ave. north to No.3 Side Road.
- 3 Side Road from Peru Rd. to Tremaine Rd.
- All of Milton Heights Cres.
- Tremaine Rd. from Hwy. 401 south to 75 Tremaine Rd.
- The Montessori Country School in Milton at 8560 Tremaine Rd.
- The Milton Banquet & Conference Centre at 3090 Steeles Ave. W.
For more information, please visit halton.ca or call 311, 905-825-6000, or toll free 1-866-442-5866.
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Halton
- This Famous Building Has Been Designated as a Heritage Site in Oakville
- House of the Week: $1.2 Mil Milton Home With Exquisite Kitchen
- Road Closure Due To Serious Collision In Burlington
- Incredibly Rare Event Happening in Skies Above Halton