Downtown Burlington road closures Saturday to accommodate annual Moon in June race
Several downtown Burlington roads will be temporarily closed Saturday for the annual Moon in June Road Race.
The race is happening at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 4. Roads will begin to be closed mid-afternoon and last for several hours.
Here are the affected roads:
- James St. between John St. and Brant St. – 3 to 11:30 p.m.
- Brant St. between Ontario and Elgin St. – 5 to 11:30 p.m.
- Brant St. between Caroline St. and Lakeshore Rd. – 6 to 11 p.m.
- Lakeshore Rd. (eastbound) between John St. and Brock St. – 7:15 to 9:30 p.m.
- Brock Ave. between Lakeshore Rd. and Elgin St. – 7:15 to 9:30 p.m.
- Elgin St. between Brock St. and Maple Ave. – 7:15 to 9:30 p.m.
Local traffic will have single lanes open on most streets, except southbound Brant St. between Baldwin and Caroline Sts.
Emergency Services access will be maintained at all times along the event route and police will direct traffic at major intersections and event marshals will help runners and motorists at multi-residential driveways and on side streets.
Streets will reopen as soon as possible following the end of the race. Vehicles parked illegally in the area will be tagged or towed to allow emergency access.