Driver Arrested After Ramming Into Police Cruisers in Burlington
Several police cruisers sustained damage as officers chased a driver suspected of being impaired in Burlington.
Halton Police received a report of an allegedly impaired female driver in the area of Plains Road and Maple Avenue yesterday afternoon (January 6). As officers attempted to stop the driver she sped away from the scene, resulting in a chase.
The vehicle eventually went eastbound on the QEW. Police attempted to block it with their cruisers, at which point the driver rammed into the cruisers and managed to flee.
The driver abandoned her vehicle and was later located by police, who arrested her. She has been identified as a 52 year old Burlington woman named Arlene Noel.
No officers were injured in the incident.
- Police Arrest Teen Accused of Throwing Sign onto Highway in Oakville
- Some Ontario Landlords are Sharing Tips on How to Illegally Evict Tenants
- Top 5 Date Night Restaurants in Oakville
- Police Investigating Male Throwing Sign onto Highway in Oakville
- Here’s What’s Coming to Netflix Canada in September 2019
- Man Accused of Ramming into Police Cruisers in Oakville Arrested
- PHOTOS: Allegedly Impaired Driver's Vehicle Destroyed in Halton Hills
- Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway in Burlington
- Driver Arrested Following Road Rage Incident
- Driver Arrested After Vehicle Strikes Hydro Pole in Milton