Driver Arrested After Ramming Into Police Cruisers in Burlington
Several police cruisers sustained damage as officers chased a driver suspected of being impaired in Burlington.
Halton Police received a report of an allegedly impaired female driver in the area of Plains Road and Maple Avenue yesterday afternoon (January 6). As officers attempted to stop the driver she sped away from the scene, resulting in a chase.
The vehicle eventually went eastbound on the QEW. Police attempted to block it with their cruisers, at which point the driver rammed into the cruisers and managed to flee.
The driver abandoned her vehicle and was later located by police, who arrested her. She has been identified as a 52 year old Burlington woman named Arlene Noel.
No officers were injured in the incident.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Top 5 Date Night Restaurants in Burlington
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Man Accused of Ramming into Police Cruisers in Oakville Arrested
- PHOTOS: Allegedly Impaired Driver's Vehicle Destroyed in Halton Hills
- Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway in Burlington
- Driver Arrested Following Road Rage Incident
- Driver Arrested After Vehicle Strikes Hydro Pole in Milton