Driver charged for traveling at high speed in Oakville
A driver is facing a highway traffic act charge after being clocked at over 100 km on a town street in Oakville.
Halton police say the driver was stopped for stunt driving on Ninth Line.
According to a photo shared by police, the driver was travelling at 117 km an hour.
Driving can be simple; you make *good* choices, you check your mirrors and look back, and you follow the posted regulatory signs.— HRPS Oakville (@HRPSOak) August 5, 2020
This driver was stopped by Cst. Ball from our Traffic Unit for stunt driving on Ninth Line. Towed, impounded, charged. #TooFastTooFurious ^MRT pic.twitter.com/FHuTYHU4uR
“Driving can be simple; you make *good* choices, you check your mirrors and look back, and you follow the posted regulatory signs,” police said on Twitter.
Police say the vehicle was towed and impounded.
- Driver charged in Oakville as police crack down on stunt driving during COVID-19
- 'Stunt driver' busted in Oakville to have truck impounded, licence suspended: Police
- Halton Police Charge Resident With Stunt Driving In School Zone
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Burlington
- PHOTOS: Oakville Driver Charged with Stunt Driving