Driver Facing Charges After Insane Speeding Incident in Halton Hills
A driver is facing multiple charges following a speeding incident that occurred just south of Acton in the Town of Halton Hills.
According to police, multiple complaints were made to the Halton Regional Police “Road Watch” program regarding the alleged suspect.
As a result, officers from the Milton District Response Team (DRT) were tasked with an early morning patrol in the hopes to try and catch the unknown suspect who was causing concern to residents.
Police say the complaints alleged that the suspect was regularly operating a black VW Jetta sedan and was driving at speeds in excess of 100km/h.
On one occasion, the suspect was allegedly seen passing around 15 vehicles.
On Feb. 21 2019 at around 5:30 a.m. a DRT Officer saw the suspect vehicle passing vehicles in a southbound direction travelling at 132km/h in a 60km/h zone.
The vehicle was stopped and was confirmed to be the same vehicle as having been reported in the Road Watch complaint.
“We’d like to thank members of the public who take the time to report aggressive driving to us,” Sgt. Rudall, of the District Response Team, said in a news release. “This case was particularly concerning and I’m happy to say that by working together we were able to remove this dangerous driver from the road and place them before the court.”
As a result, the suspect was charged with the following alleged offences: stunt driving, speeding - 132km/h in a 60km/h zone, and fail to have insurance card.
The suspects license and vehicle were seized for seven days. A request for a drivers’ license review by the Ministry of Transport was also approved.
The Road Watch on line reporting tool can be accessed here: https://www.haltonpolice.ca/services/reporting/roadwatch.php.
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- UPDATE: Fatality Following Person Struck by Train in Oakville
- Multi-Vehicle Collision Blocking Lanes On Highway 403 In Burlington
- GO Train Halts Service After Person Struck in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Police Investigating One-Vehicle Accident In Milton
- Person Charged With Stunt Driving And Speeding In Oakville
- Halton Hills Transport Truck Driver Accused of Impaired Driving
- Here’s Why Halton Police Laid More Than 300 Charges This November
- Oakville Man Facing Multiple Charges After Attempting to Escape Police
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton