Driver Flees After Striking Police Vehicle in Burlington
Police are asking the public for help in identifying a vehicle that fled the scene of a collision in Burlington.
The incident occurred at approximately 12:40 a.m. on Sunday, December 10 when an officer was arresting an impaired driver. Their police vehicle was pulled over on the shoulder of the eastbound portion of Highway 403, east of Waterdown Road.
A separate driver then collided into the police vehicle. The suspect initially slowed down but then fled the scene.
The suspect’s vehicle is described as a dark blue 2016-2017 Volvo XC 60 or XC 90 SUV. It was damaged in the collision on the passenger side.
Police believe the suspect may have also been impaired.
Anyone who may know about the suspect, or a vehicle matching the description above, is asked to contact Halton Police at 905-825-4747. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting "Tip201" with your message to 274637 (crimes).
UPDATE: Local Volvo dealerships and auto body repair shops are also being asked to contact police for anyone bringing in this type of vehicle for damage to the passenger side. Drivers are reminded to slow down and move over.
- Three Halton Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Police Searching for Two Suspects Following Incident at Canadian Tire in Oakville
- Burlington Vows to Protect its Land From Doug Ford
- Oakville Place Will Soon be Home These Food Establishments
- You Might be Required to Undergo This Test When Pulled Over in Halton
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Police Looking to ID Alleged Car Thief After Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Police Seeking Suspect Vehicle in Connection with Oakville Sexual Assault
- Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Driver Who Allegedly Fled Scene Charged in Halton Crash