Driver Flees After Striking Police Vehicle in Burlington
Police are asking the public for help in identifying a vehicle that fled the scene of a collision in Burlington.
The incident occurred at approximately 12:40 a.m. on Sunday, December 10 when an officer was arresting an impaired driver. Their police vehicle was pulled over on the shoulder of the eastbound portion of Highway 403, east of Waterdown Road.
A separate driver then collided into the police vehicle. The suspect initially slowed down but then fled the scene.
The suspect’s vehicle is described as a dark blue 2016-2017 Volvo XC 60 or XC 90 SUV. It was damaged in the collision on the passenger side.
Police believe the suspect may have also been impaired.
Anyone who may know about the suspect, or a vehicle matching the description above, is asked to contact Halton Police at 905-825-4747. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
UPDATE: Local Volvo dealerships and auto body repair shops are also being asked to contact police for anyone bringing in this type of vehicle for damage to the passenger side. Drivers are reminded to slow down and move over.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Justin Trudeau Responds to His Picture in Brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ Party
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Police Looking to ID Alleged Car Thief After Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Driver Flees Three-Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Accused Impaired Driver Charged After SUV Nearly Hits Police Cruiser in Milton
- Driver Who Allegedly Fled Scene Charged in Halton Crash